Thursday, April 6, 2017

Nikon Keymission 360 app Snapbridge 360/170 for Android updated


The Snapbridge 360/170 app for the Nikon Keymission 360 has been updated to 1.0.6 for Android (I didn't find an update for the iOS version iOS version is now live as well.  Thanks to Andreas Vesper and Axel for letting me know!).  Update: if your Keymission is connecting properly, do not download this update.  It doesn't seem to help and could make things worse.



The update says that it features "improved Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity."

I haven't tested this version.  I'm still using the original version of the app, which has been working fine with my Keymission.  You can check out my Keymission connectivity tutorial for both iOS and Android here.

Thank you very much to Jim Jensen (Google+ Photo Sphere community moderator) for bringing this to my attention!

UPDATE: If your Keymission is working correctly, don't bother.  Mine used to connect without issues.  Now it's hard to connect.  First of all, it will forget your current bluetooth pairing.  To pair again, turn on the app,  and with the Keymission off, hold down the power button until you see flashing green lights.  The app will then connect to the Keymission.

Second, if you go to remote photography or download photos, it must connect via Wi-Fi.  The problem is, it doesn't seem to be able to hold a connection anymore.

6 comments:

  1. So i got around to playing around with it with out updating the
    Firmware 1.2 and using the updated Snapseed 360 app 1.06 from the PlayStore. i recommend you use App extractor to back up the app first before you try anything.Just using the updated Snapseed 360 resulted in faster connects Faster downloads and a snappy feel. I Did not update the firmware so Use At your own risk
    Nexus 5x with Android 7.1 here. from what i understand Google is rolling out a update for Android to kick it up to 7.2 with Wifi and Bluetooth fixes for now sticking to this until i hear anything positive about the firmware.
    *USE AT YOUR OWN RISK*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Data2000! I'm glad it worked for you! Maybe there is hope for this app...

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete
  2. Hi Mic, there's also a new firmware for the keymission (1.3). Did you try it with the newer version of the app?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R. Hespel. I've been too wary of trying the firmware update but now I guess I have no choice! :D I'll try it and post how well it works with this new version. Thanks!

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete
  3. There's an update for iOS as well: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snapbridge-360-170/id1162513075?mt=8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andreas! I'll add that info to the article, with credit to you.

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Sorry for the word verification - I need it to minimize spam comments. If you want to contact me, pls. message me on the 360 Rumors Facebook page. Thank you very much!