Saturday, April 1, 2017

4K Ricoh Theta is here! Check out the specs and exclusive photos!

The long-awaited 4k version of the Ricoh Theta is finally here!  Check out the specs!

- Photo resolution: 15mp (similar to the Ricoh Theta S)
- Video resolution: 4k @ 24fps
- Wireless live streaming
- Can record for over 2 hours at 2560 x 1280
- Price is the same or less as the Ricoh Theta S.

Hit the jump to see exclusive photos!




Happy April Fool's Day!  (The specs above are real, but they are those of the 2017 Gear 360, which I've argued is pretty much like a 4k version of the Ricoh Theta!)

10 comments:

  1. Had me fooled Mic I'm still holding out on the Kodak then Dumping my KeyMision 360.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I hope you had a chuckle out of it. As for the Keymission I still plan to use it for action and underwater.

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete
  2. You made me click. I've been fooled. Are Kodak playing a joke on us as well? I've got money to spend if they would just release the Orbit360...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) sorry about that! As for the Orbit360 I don't know why Kodak is so conservative about it. But I'm pretty sure they will show it at NAB.

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete
  3. telling myself, look at the date, look at the date.. clicks anyhow.. sighs haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully the click was still worth the laugh. :)

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete
  4. No more April fools. Check here: http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.uk/en/RICOH_THETA_4k_360_Camera_in_development

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks selimmw. Yes I saw the 4K theta at NAB. See here: http://360rumors.com/2017/04/ricohs-exhibit-nab-show-2017-ricoh-theta-4k-ricoh-r-news.html

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Sorry for the word verification - I need it to minimize spam comments. If you want to contact me, pls. message me on the 360 Rumors Facebook page. Thank you very much!