Monday, March 20, 2017

Vuze 3D 360 camera - stitching demo and tutorial

Here's a video demo and tutorial for stitching a 3D 360 video with the Vuze Camera, the first affordable 3D 360 camera for consumers, with 4k resolution.


Last week, I posted an unboxing video and my first impressions.  This time I will show a demo of how to use the Vuze's stitching software.

As a preliminary observation, I really like the software's design.  It is very elegant and the best-designed software I've seen for a 360 camera, in my opinion.  I like how it is organized around a workflow.  However, I have experienced a few crashes on my modest PC hardware (Intel i5-4590; 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4600).


Here is the resulting sample 3D 360 video.  To watch it, you'll need to use your smartphone and a Google Cardboard viewer, then use the YouTube app (for iOS or Android):


Next time, I will post more samples from the Vuze.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this tutorial! I am excited to see more samples of the Vuze. Would you like to upload the sample video(s) to google drive or something else? Would be nice to see umcompressed samples...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi karo! I will definitely post more samples from the Vuze. I can upload uncompressed samples but using the stitching software requires registration with your Vuze's serial number.

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete
    2. Hey there. I have a Rift CV1. I'd like to get the raw video with 360 3D to see how it looks as I've been waiting on the Vuze for a year now. But given the length of time I've waited, I'd like to see how it actually looks in VR. Think you could provide a video file? Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Hey Ryne! A fellow Rifter! High five buddy! :) I can't post an unstitched file because the stitching software needs a serial number to be activated, but I can send you a stitched file. Pls send me an email at creadvty at gmail, or send me a message on 360 rumors' facebook page so I can send you a link.

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial Mic. As a non-technical layperson who is interested in the Vuze camera for educational purposes I wanted to ask a question. Please pardon my ignorance...videography and VR are not something I know much about.

    Why is it that when I look at any of the videos on the Vuze Youtube channel that they look absolutely grainy, even when I manually increase the resolution in Youtube. Is it because the camera will only display at 4k resolution on the smaller screen on a mobile phone/HMD display?

    I am really confused about this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Sorry for the word verification - I need it to minimize spam comments. If you want to contact me, pls. message me on the 360 Rumors Facebook page. Thank you very much!