Tuesday, March 21, 2017

UCam Trident is an underwater 360 camera rig that can go 1,000 meters deep

photo by UCam

UCam Trident is an underwater 360 camera rig that can be used up to a depth of 1,000 meters.
photo by UCam
UCam Trident uses three customized 7GoPro Hero4 cameras with Entaniya 220 lenses, similar to its VR-ES rig.

photo by UCam
Here are the key specifications:
- Depth Rating:1,000 meters
- Buoyancy : Neutral to 300 meters
- Weight : 1.6 kg (housing only); 2.1 kg (housing and cameras)
- Dimensions: width: 165mm; height: 133mm
photo by UCam
photos by UCam


I believe the price of the housing by itself is US$1,380.  Here is the official page.

4 comments:

  1. Will it only fit Entaniya 220s or will 250s fit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi rapparsven. That's a good question. I don't know for sure but I think only 220s will fit. The reason is that the lens must fit through the hole in the bracket. I think the 250 will not fit in that hole. It's best to ask UCam or maybe Entapano (they might know because they collaborate with UCam).

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete
  2. I like that it has a bowl lens. This means it could be used to capture images half in and out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting observation! I hadnt thought of that. Thanks!

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Sorry for the word verification - I need it to minimize spam comments. If you want to contact me, pls. message me on the 360 Rumors Facebook page. Thank you very much!