Wednesday, March 22, 2017

A preview and tour of the new 360Rumors.com


360 Rumors is getting an upgrade!  You can check out a preview of the new site by going to 360Rumors.com.

To improve your experience and make the site easier to navigate, I decided to upgrade the site's format and design.

Here are some highlights:
- At the top of the page, there is a navigation bar, which categorizes the posts.  360 Cameras and VR are self-explanatory.  Education is if you're new to 360 cameras and/or VR and want to get up to speed.  Media includes my Instagram feed and YouTube channel feed.
- To search for articles, you can click on the magnifying glass on the right corner of the nav bar, or you can look for the search bar on the right margin.  Alternatively, you can search for articles by category using the nav bar (e.g. 360 Cameras or VR or one of the sub-categories).
- The archive of posts and the index / tag cloud will be under Education in the nav bar.
- As with the current site, there is a Twitter feed, a list of popular recent posts, and a featured / highlighted story.

The new site isn't fully ready yet -- I still have to fix links, formatting, categories, etc. so I will still be using 360rumors.blogspot.com, but in the meantime, you can check it out and let me know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. Noticed the site earlier, Mic.
    I think you did a fine job with it. It looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rich! Well spotted! :D

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Sklba! I appreciate the feedback!

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kevin! I appreciate it!

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Sorry for the word verification - I need it to minimize spam comments. If you want to contact me, pls. message me on the 360 Rumors Facebook page. Thank you very much!