Friday, February 17, 2017
TECHNIQUE: NadirPatch.com offers free cloud-based tools for patching and stitching 360 photos
NadirPatch.com is a website that offers several free tools for patching and stitching 360 photos.
NadirPatch currently has five useful tools:
1. Convert equirectangular photo to cube photo. By converting an equirectangular photo into cube faces, it makes it easy to patch the photo with conventional image editors, place watermarks that will display correctly, or otherwise make corrections to the photo.
2. Stitch cube photos to equirectangular. This is the reverse of the first tool and allows you to rceombine the cube face images into an equirectangular photo.
3. Patching the bottom of a cube.
4. Patching the bottom of an equirectangular photo. You can place your own watermark, and be able to resize and rotate the watermark.
5. Stitch a Gear 360 photo (from double fisheye to equirectangular).
NadirPatch is free to use and is supported by ads.
Thank you very much to Ben Claremont (Life in 360 Photo) and Michal Jaroszczyk for bringing this to my attention! (Incidentally, I've covered Michal's work on exotic vehicles. See here.)